[Asterisk-video] RE: AVTF - What's going on?

John Martin John.Martin at AuPix.com
Tue May 16 23:52:44 MST 2006

Hi Sergio,
  We wouldn't be able to donate any of our H.324 work. I'll have a look at the code soon and let you know what we did, it was nearly 10 years ago!

  Hardware for H.324M... what hardware are you doing? I thought the Dilithiums of this world were bridging at the ISDN level, seeing as an H.324M video call is essentially 64k ISDN B-channel and the carriers will terminate to ISDN when you call off net. Makes sense to come in on an E1 or else you'd have a lot of antennas if you wanted to do a couple of hundred call terminations :-)

Hasn't Junghanns already got a GSM card, they were talking of quad band, maybe there's a 3G version on the way?

John

John Martin
John.Martin at AuPix.com
http://www.AuPix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-video-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-video-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Sergio García Murillo
Sent: 17 May 2006 07:38
To: Discussion of video media support in Asterisk
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-video] RE: AVTF - What's going on?

John Martin wrote:
> Hey Sergio,
>  Sounds cool. We did our own H.324 stack a few years back but V.34
>   wasn't really up to the requirements of video back then, there's a
> knee in the quality/bitrate graph for H.263 at around 40kbps that 3G
> should be able to take advantage of and of course H.264 is made for
> it.
Which specifications/annexes did you implement? Could we see something of it?

> I think I've seen some posts from you in the past on the subject,
> where can we find out more about your work? Do you think you'll be
> able to match the likes of Dilithium and RadVision, they both have
> some interesting transcoding options.
Of course not! :)
In the first stage I'm not planning to implement any transcoding yet (anyone is invited to join).
I haven't integrated anything yet into asterisk, as I still haven't got the hardware running. But you'll see something more as soon as I get it (if you're interested in anything in particullar just ask)

Greetings
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.