[Asterisk-video] Integrating mpeg4 video codec in asterisk

John Martin John.Martin at AuPix.com
Wed Jun 14 06:34:06 MST 2006

Zeeshan,

  Asterisk doesn't do anything with video at the moment, it only passes
video from either file to an IP port or from one IP port to another.
Therefore, there are no codecs in Asterisk. There are ways of getting
H.261, H.263 and H.264 into file formats that Asterisk will recognise
(through GStreamer for instance) but that is performed outside of
Asterisk.

John Martin

________________________________

From: asterisk-video-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-video-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Khawaja
Zeeshan
Sent: 14 June 2006 13:46
To: asterisk-video at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-video] Integrating mpeg4 video codec in asterisk

Hi All,

I need help. I intend to integrate mpeg4 codec in asterisk. Does
asterisk support any video codecs currently? If yes why it is not in the
"codecs" folder?

Moreover can anyone please tell me how a codec is invoked when asterisk
receives an incoming call or sends an outgong call?

I shall be very grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks

Zeeshan

<http://g.msn.com/8HMBEN/2734??PS=47575>  Download today it's FREE!