[Asterisk-video] H320

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Thu Jun 8 23:42:27 MST 2006

Olle E Johansson wrote:
> 8 jun 2006 kl. 22.40 skrev Ian Esper:
>
>> I was thinking the possibility to incoporate H320 in asterisk, what
>> are the possibilities on doing that? Was it discussed before?
>>
> Can you please explain a bit more? Why H320 - what's the application?

If I recall correctly, H320 was the protocol for ISDN videoconferencing.
It's a bit tricky to implement since you can use more than one B channel for the same call (bonding).
The H320 videoconference kits are (or used to be) very expensive, but the quality of the video was great also. For that I think that many companies are still using it and don't plan to change it in the near future.
So it could be great to have it integrated into asterisk, so we could offer a full IP(SIP,H323)-ISDN(H320)-UMTS(H324M) gateway. And make everything work with meetme conferences :)

Greetings
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.