[Asterisk-video] Branch to test: sdpcleanup

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jun 6 04:28:54 MST 2006

Friends,

Most of the work in the sdpcleanup branch is now done. I have worked
together with John Martin to
fix a number of small things, described in earlier mails. We have not
fixed it all, but focused on small
changes that will improve things for 1.4. It's too late for large
architectural changes now, they have to
wait for 1.6.

Please help us test the sdpcleanup branch. Download it using svn

svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/oej/sdpcleanup
sdpcleanup

Compile and install as usual.

Make calls between audio phones, between video phones, between audio-
only phones
and video phones and report any bugs.

Changes in this branch are supposed to be:

- If we get a re-invite that we reject, don't change the rtp
properties of the call
- If we get an audio-only call, don't offer video to the video phone
- Try to not offer a video stream on the outbound call that is not
offered on the
   incoming call

There are still some problems with answering a video offer with only
an audio
media stream, forgetting to deny the video stream in the SDP but it
seems to work
with most clients. I've seem the same buggy behaviour in video phones
too,
so we're at least compatible :-)

Thanks for taking your time to test this. If I get no error reports
during the
coming two days, I'll go ahead and integrate this into svn trunk for
1.4.

Regards,
/Olle