[Asterisk-video] Gustav can call video phones now...

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jun 3 03:04:58 MST 2006

Well, during many hours of digging through the source code and
testing, I finally found one of the errors in
an audio phone calling a video phone.

I had a peer with videosupport that needed to use H.264. Since that
codec is not in the default set, I
configured the peer with

[gustav]
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=auricel
allow=h264

This not only added h264 to the device's set of codecs, but also set
it as the only preferred codec.
When setting up a call from the audio-only device (Gustav in my
previous mail), Asterisk tried to
set up a channel to the video phone and found *no* audio codecs, only
a preferred video codec
and refused to set up a call to this device. Bug.

This is now fixed in the sdpcleanup branch. John and I will continue
testing and digging to solve
the various scenarious outlined in the previous mail, but we do need
more testers.

See http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-video/2006-June/
000089.html for more information
about Gustav, Lisa, Anna and Laban :-)