[asterisk-users] Deleting voicemail by program

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Oct 9 14:59:10 CDT 2023

On Monday 09 October 2023 at 21:05:55, Mike Diehl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to be able to delete a voicemail message using a program.
>
> Is is sufficient to simply delete the .wav and .txt files in the spool
> directory? Or do I need to also renumber the remaining files?

My approach in a situation like this would often be "try it and see".

Leave yourself three voicemail messages, remove the middle one simply by
deleting the files, and see what Asterisk makes of what's left behind:

 - does it report three messages but only play two?

 - does it report either two or three messages but can only play the first?

 - does it report two messages and play them without problem?

 - does it report two messages and fail to play anything?

 - does it report no messages?

 - does it have a problem when a fourth message gets left?

None of the above behaviour is _necessarily_ transferrable to a future version
of Asterisk, but at least it tells you what your current version does when you
interfere with in this way..

Antony.

--
.evah I serutangis sseltniop tsom eht fo eno eb tsum sihT

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.