[asterisk-users] Deleting voicemail by program

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Mon Oct 9 14:05:55 CDT 2023

Hi all,

I need to be able to delete a voicemail message using a program.

Is is sufficient to simply delete the .wav and .txt files in the spool directory?
Or do I need to also renumber the remaining files?

For example, let say a given mailbox has 20 messages in it and I want to
delete message number 5.  Can I just delete the 2 files and expect that
asterisk will renumber them?  Or do I need to?

Also, is the answer the same when I migrate to storing voicemails in a
database?

Thanks in advance.

Mike