[asterisk-users] Problems Solved, two left

Stefan Tichy asterisk3 at pi4tel.de
Wed May 24 06:49:33 CDT 2023

Am Tue, May 23, 2023 at 07:22:22PM -0400 schrieb Steve Matzura:

> 1. Still can't register my phone
> The username and password are correct. I don't know what else to try.

You can start a sip trace from the asterisk console.

pjsip set logger on

There should be a REGISTER from the phone, a Response 401 and an ACK
from the phone. Then asterisk should receive another REGISTER with
an additional "WWW-Authenticate" header. The response could be 401
again or 403 or something else.

> 2. Asterisk can't find the extension in my inbound context.

> [May 23 18:34:12] NOTICE[46582]: res_pjsip_session.c:3968 new_invite:
> voipms: Call (UDP:208.100.60.12:5060) to extension 's' rejected because
> extension not found in context 'voipms-inbound'.

This can happen if there is no contact_user parameter.

"contact_user=" sets the SIP contact header's user portion of the SIP URI
this will affect the extension reached in dialplan when the far end calls
you at this ; registration. The default is 's'.

--
Stefan Tichy  ( asterisk3 at pi4tel dot de )