[asterisk-users] Problems Solved, two left

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Tue May 23 18:22:22 CDT 2023

And I think they're both small.

Solved: tcpdump showed no packets coming in, so I went to my DID
provider's Website to discover to my intense embarrassment that the DID
number had been set up forwarded to their voicemail. I got egg on my
face for this one. I changed that setting to SIP/IAX and packets now
arrive and go where they should. Two problems remain.

1. Still can't register my phone

The username and password are correct. I don't know what else to try.

2. Asterisk can't find the extension in my inbound context.

[May 23 18:34:12] NOTICE[46582]: res_pjsip_session.c:3968 new_invite:
voipms: Call (UDP:208.100.60.12:5060) to extension 's' rejected because
extension not found in context 'voipms-inbound'.

I changed the name of the context in pjsip's  to 'voipms-inbound' and
removed reference to '[mycontext]' from pjsip.conf and extensions.conf
as they were superfluous. The endpoint section of pjsip.conf now reads:

[voipms]
type = endpoint
transport = transport-udp
context = voipms-inbound

The bottom part of extensions.conf (with the phone number obfuscated) is
now:

[voipms-inbound]
exten => 3115552368,1,Goto(hello,200,1)

[phones]
exten => 101,1,Dial(PJSIP/yealink)

[hello]
exten => 200,1,Answer()
         same => n,Playback(hello-world)
         same => n,Hangup()

The idea was for any inbound call to the public network number to
immediately go to extension 200, play the message and hang up, and you
could still call extension 200 to here it from inside.