[asterisk-users] Asterisk not replacing private FROM ip with public IP in INVITE

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Jun 21 14:10:43 CDT 2023

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 4:07 PM TTT <lists at telium.io> wrote:

> Something perhaps noteworth, since this is a multihomed system I bound the
> transport to 172.31.253.4:5060
>
> I don't *think* that would cause Asterisk to use that IP in the FROM...at
> least it shouldn't.

Copy/paste from FreePBX forum:

It doesn’t touch the From header because it doesn’t matter for normal use.
There is a “from_domain” option which can be used to explicitly set the
domain portion of the From header. It’s unlikely to be your problem, unless
Twilio requires a specific From domain.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead