[asterisk-users] Get SIP Call-ID from ARI

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Sat Jun 17 13:24:40 CDT 2023

On Sat, Jun 17, 2023 at 2:55 PM TTT <lists at telium.io> wrote:

> Based on postings it should be possible to get the SIP Call-ID header
> value from the ARI.  At what point is this value available ?  As well, how
> do I retrieve that value – something like
>

> GET /channels/{channelId}/pjsip_header?key=Call-Id
>

> But that doesn’t work.

'pjsip_header' is not a valid route. All possible routes are documented on
the wiki, if it's not there then it doesn't exist.

Instead you would use variable[1] to execute the PJSIP_HEADER dialplan
function[2] or a better way would be the CHANNEL dialplan function[3] such
as:

GET /channels/{channelid}/variable?variable=CHANNEL(pjsip,call-id)

Though I haven't tested that.

Newer versions also include the protocol identifier (Call-ID) in the
channel ARI structure[4] which would be in events, or explicitly
retrieved[5].

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+20+Channels+REST+API#Asterisk20ChannelsRESTAPI-getChannelVar
[2]