[asterisk-users] Add user to conference via ReST/ARI

TTT lists at telium.io
Thu Jun 15 16:08:05 CDT 2023

I'm trying to join a user (at SIP/99) into a conference via REST/ARI.  I
want the PBX to call the user, and then join him into an existing
conference.

I have created a conference in FreePBX with number 1234, and name "conf".
Conceptually the steps I have so far:

1. Call Application_Dial(SIP/99) (via REST)

2. Wait for user to answer (via ARI)

3. Add the channel to a bridge (via REST)

I'm getting stuck on step #3.  Should I call Application_BridgeAdd(channel),
where channel is provided via ARI event?  Or do I use
Application_ConfBridge(1234)?

I'm not sure with the latter option if "conference" parameter is the
conference number (1234), or name ("conf"), or some other value.

Thanks

Brian (ast newb)