[asterisk-users] Problem with pjsip

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Thu Jun 8 07:57:18 CDT 2023

On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 9:41 AM Yves <ybaesa at dm2it.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> I allow myself to submit a problem that I can not solve with my VOIP
> provider Orange in France
>
> [2023-06-08 13:19:03] ERROR[185091]:
> res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c:1044 from_user_handler: Error
> configuring endpoint 'Biv_Sortie' - 'from_user' field contains invalid
> character '@'
> [2023-06-08 13:19:03] ERROR[185091]: config_options.c:798
> aco_process_var: Error parsing from_user=75B55BTQUHSG at orange-obs.fr at
> line 0 of
>    == chan_pjsip.so => (PJSIP Channel Driver)
>
> 1) Error with "@" character which constitutes URI and authuser see
> excerpt from pjsip.conf.
>
> [transport-udp]
> type = transport
> protocol=udp
> bind=0.0.0.0:5060
> local_net=172.16.1.0/255.255.255.0
>
> [reg_orange-obs.fr]
> type = registration
> retry_interval = 120
> max_retries = 10
> expiration = 120
> transport = transport-udp
> outbound_auth = auth_reg_orange-obs.fr
> client_uri = sip:+3313445XXXX at orange-obs.fr
> server_uri = sip:orange-obs.fr
>
> [auth_reg_orange-obs.fr]
> type=auth
> password=3314C9BA9688C2AA
> username = 75B55BTQUHSG at orange-obs.fr
>
> [Biv_Sortie]
> type = aor
> contact = sip:75B55BTQUHSG at orange-obs.fr@orange-obs.fr
> default_expiration = 3600
>
> [Biv_Sortie]
> type = identify
> endpoint = Biv_Sortie
> match = orange-obs.fr
>
> [Biv_Sortie]
> type=auth
> username = Biv_Sortie
> password=3314C9BA9688C2AA
>
> [Biv_Sortie]
> type=endpoint
> context = Isdn_Inbound
> dtmf_mode=rfc4733
> disallow=all
> allow = g722, alaw, g729
> direct_media=no
> trust_id_inbound = yes
> send_rpid=yes
> from_user = 75B55BTQUHSG at orange-obs.fr
> from_domain = orange-obs.fr
> language = en
> allow_subscribe = yes
> auth = Biv_Exit
> outbound_auth = Biv_Sortie
> aors = Biv_Sortie
>
> Question how can I solve this character problem "@"?

The from_user is the username. It can't contain "@" or the domain. You've
already set from_domain, so just set from_user to the username.

> 2) resolution of the orange-obs.fr DNS.  I am attaching an extract from
> the documentation that Orange issued in 2015
>
> SIP/Internet is described in RFC3261 and following. THE
> SIP/IMS is described by 3GPP standards. It's not the same
> SIP.
> In the Internet world, VoIP machines route
> SIP messages to the IP addresses of the FQDNs of the SIP URIs
> (VoIP domain). In the 3GPP world, SIP messages are
> routed to an I/P-CSCF (depending on whether we are in interco or in
> IPBX) which has a different FQDN from the VoIP domain.
>
> BIV SIP
>
> – P-CSCF FQDN: pcscfgm.orange-obs.fr, resolved by DNS
> voice
> – VoIP domain: orange-obs.fr, not resolved by voice DNS. ex :
> INVITE sip:0142277620 at orange-obs.fr SIP/2.0
> 2
>  The VoIP/Internet machine will not be able to determine the address
> recipient of SIP messages.
>
> run the command “nslookup pcscfgm.orange-obs.fr” and
> note the returned IP address 217.167.210.X
> – add this address in the /etc/hosts file of the PBX:
> 217.167.210.X pcscfgm.orange-obs.fr orange-obs.fr

<snip>

You don't need to do /etc/hosts. Set an outbound_proxy on the endpoint and
registration like so:

outbound_proxy=sip:cscfgm.orange-obs.fr\;lr;\hide

This will cause the SIP requests to get sent to "cscfgm.orange-obs.fr" but
that won't appear in the SIP signaling.

You'll probably have other issues that will require configuration changing,
since providers using IMS infrastructure for general SIP always causes that.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead