[asterisk-users] Getvar of CHANNEL not working for a couple of items

TTT lists at telium.io
Tue Jul 4 17:37:09 CDT 2023

The following AMI command works well for all of the information I want:

action: Getvar
actionid: act1
channel: PJSIP/Twilio-NA-W-3-In-00000028
Variable: CHANNEL(pjsip,XXXX)

Where XXXX can be one of the many available items.  However, when I create a call from A to B, all of the items return properly except: local_addr and remote_addr.  More specifically, they return correctly for the A leg (that initiated the call), but are blank for the B leg.  According to the asterisk.org docs:

*         local_addr - On inbound calls, the full IP address and port number that the INVITE request was received on. On outbound calls, the full IP address and port number that the INVITE request was transmitted from.

*         remote_addr - On inbound calls, the full IP address and port number that the INVITE request was received from. On outbound calls, the full IP address and port number that the INVITE request was transmitted to.

So they should be set for the B leg (outbound invite) as well but they are not; they are blank.  Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks

Brian