[asterisk-users] Get channel variables via ARI/AMI

TTT lists at telium.io
Sun Jul 2 14:18:11 CDT 2023

>> There are SOME protocol level things accessible using CHANNEL[1] but that's it.

>> [1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+20+Function_CHANNEL

I am trying to use the CHANNEL function listed above from the AMI.  Since it is not an AMI “action”, but rather a dialplan “function”, I’m trying to figure out how to call this from the AMI.  Using a telnet session to the AMI I’ve tried variations of:

action: command

actionid: id123

command: channel(PJSIP/240000-1a)

but they don’t work.  Is the basic concept correct that I can using the “command” action to run a statement that would work in the dialplan?  If not, how would I call “channel” from the AMI ?

Thanks

Brian