[asterisk-users] Mailing List Future

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Dec 4 06:51:05 CST 2023

On Monday 04 December 2023 at 13:39:51, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> The mailing list will not receive emails from the forums. What I was
> referring to is that Discourse does provide the ability to receive emails
> for posts or threads you're interested in, and you are able to respond over
> email to them as well.

I use this forum via its email interface, and I agree that it works.  The
biggest disadvantage I experience is that although you can _reply_ to a thread
via email, you cannot create a new one; you have to use the web forum
interface for that.

I don't know whether the forum software used here could be modified to allow
that - I raised the same point on the FreeSwitch forum and an admin quite
happily turned it on.  Maybe that could be investigated here?

Antony.

--
René Descartes walks in to a bar.
The barman asks him "Do you want a drink?"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.