[asterisk-users] Encountered a crash, what is best way to tell if it has been fixed or now

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Aug 9 13:30:34 CDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 3:20 PM Dan Cropp <dcropp at amtelco.com> wrote:

> I have a customer who just encountered a crash while running Asterisk
> 18.17.1 version.
>

> I’m trying to adapt to the changes so not sure where best to look or how
> to possibly report this.
>

> I started by going through
> https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/compare/18.17.1...18.19.0 to see if
> any of the changes seemed to apply to code reported by the backtrace.
>

> Entirely possible I missed something, but I didn’t notice anything that
> applies.
>

> I do see a commit was done today to the res_pjsip_nat.c file, but not sure
> if that would apply to the issue.
>

> Any suggestions for where I should look or ask?

That is how you generally look, by seeing the commits between the two
versions, analyzing, and seeing if anything is relevant.

Issues themselves are reported on Github. I can say already though that the
backtrace is incomplete and doesn't show the full story of what happened,
it may be optimized or something.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead