[asterisk-users] Asterisk translates 200 OK + SDP into 488 not acceptable here after both side agreed on codec.

Benoît Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Fri Apr 28 08:42:48 CDT 2023

Hi List

Asterisk 16.28.0 in use.

PJSIP in use
Two endpoints
Both using IPv6

One Endpoint on UDP, the other via TLS.

Both with:

t38_udptl=yes
;fax_detect=yes
;fax_detect_timeout=30
rtp_ipv6=yes

Both sides are T.38 capable and detect fax tone so no need for fax
detection on asterisk.

Voice calls between the two work fine.

But on a Fax call, I see this situation:

A <=> Asterisk <=> B

A: INVITE + Audio SDP => Asterisk => (same SDP) => B

B: 200 OK + Audio SDP => Asterisk => (same SDP) => A

* B Detects Fax-Tone!

B: Re-Invite + UDPTL => Asterisk => (same SDP) => A

A: 200 OK + UDPTL => Asterisk => 488 => B

I tweakted the udptl setting in various ways, but I am unable to figure
out, why Asterisk is sending a 488 to B, after it first happily
forwarded the SDP to A and got confirmation from A it was happy to
accept that DSP.

Any hint?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden