[asterisk-users] Channel names with semicolons

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Sep 7 09:35:29 CDT 2022

On Wednesday 07 September 2022 at 15:32:50, Thomas Ray wrote:

> From https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Channels
>
> "The primary exception is with Local Channels. In the case of local
> channels, you'll typically have two local channel legs, one that is
> treated as outbound and the other as inbound. In this case both are really
> inside Asterisk, but one is executing dialplan and the other is not. The
> leg executing dialplan is the one treated as inbound."
>
> In your case, context-00000ce9;1 is the inbound channel because you did
> Dial(Local/number at context) and context-00000ce9;2 is the outbound channel
> because it did the Dial to another destination. Simply, the numbers
> represent each leg of a local channel.

Thanks - so, which one should I pass as the parameter to ChannelRedirect()
when I want to put the call on hold (and then Bridge() when I want to join it
back to the other caller again)?

Antony.

--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

 - murble

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.