[asterisk-users] Confbridge for 80 devices

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:16:44 CDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bringing 80 devices into a conf bridge with CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6
> 1045T Processor at 2.7G and audio is reported as staticy or not the best
> audio quality.
>
> Network is r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth0: RTL8168e/8111
> Link is 1G.
>
> Asterisk 18.14.0
>
> I would think this should be able to handle 80 calls (one way audio).
>
> How can I tell if asterisk is an able to handle this - or how can I find
> the bottle neck?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry

So I did the "timing test" got
 timing test
Attempting to test a timer with 50 ticks per second.
Using the 'timerfd' timing module for this test.

in modules I added
[modules]
autoload=yes
preload => res_timing_dahdi.so
preload => res_timing_pthread.so

Re-ran the timing test got the same thing.
Notice it says specifically timerfd - not timing_dahdi or timing_pthread.
System is CentOS 7.

lsmod | grep dahdi
lsmod | grep dahdi
dahdi_transcode        14291  1 wctc4xxp
dahdi_voicebus         59241  1 wctdm24xxp
dahdi                 228002  9
wctdm24xxp,wcaxx,dahdi_transcode,oct612x,dahdi_voicebus,wcb4xxp,wct4xxp,wcte43x,wcte13xp
crc_ccitt              12707  2 wctdm24xxp,dahdi

Is my timing OK - or not ?

Note /var/log/asterisk/messages says "nothing" about timing even though the
resourse were loaded.

Thoughts ?

Jerry