[asterisk-users] possibility to cancel call duration limit set in app Dial with options S(x) or L(x:y:z) during a call

Nenad Radosavljevic nenadr at snr.rs
Wed Nov 30 13:35:57 CST 2022

Thank you Joshua, for the clarification.

I was aware of the TIMEOUT(absolute) function, in fact our current solution
for call duration limit/un-limt functionality is based on usage of that
function.

It is worth mentioning that it seems to me that Dial options S() and L()
limit call duration from the moment call has been answered, and TIMEOUT
limits from moment it has been executed (so rest of the call setup and time
spent waiting for the answer (ringing and/or progress messages) are
included in duration limit, so there is difference between call duration
limiting via Dial options and via TIMEOUT function.

Thanks again,
    Nenad