[asterisk-users] Logging different verbosity levels

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed May 25 10:12:41 CDT 2022

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 at 16:54:43, asterisk at phreaknet.org wrote:

> On 5/25/2022 10:41 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 May 2022 at 15:27:38, asterisk at phreaknet.org wrote:
> >>
> >> If I want to log something from the dialplan, I generally send it to a
> >> custom log level, as opposed to one of the built in ones.
> >
> > How are you doing this?
>
> See the custom_levels option in the sample logger.conf[1].
> You'll need a version of Asterisk from the last ~7 months or so, I think.

Ah.  I use the Debian packaged version, which for the current stable Debian
release is Asterisk 16.16.1 dated Feb 2021.

custom_levels definitely isn't in there.

> It does sound like using custom levels might be better than your use case.
> You can also set up custom log files to log only the log levels you want to
> create the different "views" you want.

Indeed - thanks for the suggestion - looks like a nice feature.

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.