[asterisk-users] R2 error Seize Timeout

Duncan Turnbull duncan at turnbull.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 15:43:40 CST 2022

Hi Carlos

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 10:30 AM Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomab.mx> wrote:

>      The provider is the timing source.  Both wanpipe1.conf and
> system.conf have the timing sources set to the remote side:
>
> TE_CLOCK     = NORMAL
>
> Makes sense, I couldn't recall the options but this looks  right

> span=1,1,0,CAS,HDB3
>
>      I still have a feeling that the problem is on the providers side as
> during testing we never saw the issue.
>
>      I have modified wanpipe1.conf to be CAS but the strange thing is
> that the freepbx gui does show CAS there but sets CCS on the
> configuration file.  Now I have to wait and see if the problem persists.

Technically CCS is usually for ISDN and wasn't always on timeslot 16, but
if it was working then perhaps it was good luck. How freepbx sets it is
another question though

I am not sure what would go wrong on a provider side as they usually
standardise their systems. That said its always possible.

Your error is a timeout in response to a line seize so either your provider
isn't seeing the signal, they aren't replying for some reason or you aren't
getting it back. That could fit with changes to the signalling channel.
Ideally if you can look at the signalling you can see whats happening. I
can't recall if asterisk will let you do that. CAS signalling is very
simple in that its just reflecting what used to be a physical change for
the line controls. Can you ask your providers to see what they see or reset
the trunk when the issue comes up to see if it matters

Good luck