[asterisk-users] Configuring Opus Forward Error Correction in Asterisk 16 (FreePBX)?

Kevin H. default.enum at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:56:43 CDT 2022

Yes FEC must be enabled through configuration, but be aware that
enabling FEC does not necessarily mean it's being utilized. For
instance, in order for FEC data to be decoded by Sangoma's codec_opus
module for Asterisk several things must occur:

1) it must be enabled through configuration
2) both sides of a call must negotiate for it (via SDP)
3) packet loss must be perceived by the codec_opus module
4) a frame containing FEC data is received

Also, please see the following for more information:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Codec+Opus

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+19+Configuration_codec_opus

https://www.asterisk.org/configuring-opus-encoder-asterisk/

https://www.asterisk.org/asterisk-opus-packet-loss-fec/