[asterisk-users] Listen on 2 of 3 IP addresses

John Harragin jharragin at mw.k12.ny.us
Tue Jul 19 13:42:14 CDT 2022

I've always had my servers have two or three different vlan interfaces.
When I was using sip, I only bound to one interface with network segments
dedicated to voip phones, but did a great deal of experimentation. I think
if the endpoint devices are under your control and to specific groups of
IPs or if you just had a few clients with fixed IPs, you can probably do it
with a combination of appropriate firewall and routing tables and rules.
The rules would have to be symmetrical so the inbound and outbound packets
are restricted to a particular interface.

I gave in to the future and switched a big deployment to pjsip a couple of
years ago. Since then I've had to connect to a couple of appliance devices
that needed to reside in another network, and am operating as you describe
- which as pointed out can be done with pjsip.