[asterisk-users] Listen on 2 of 3 IP addresses

Thomas Ray tom.ray at blazestudios.com
Fri Jul 15 11:06:04 CDT 2022

The answer is to use chan_pjsip since chan_sip is all but dead, unsupported and going away in v21. Instead of making chan_sip listen on all IPs then making a bunch of firewall/filtering rules that block one of them from being used, use chan_pjsip. It is the right solution as it is the supported driver and will continue to see updates and bugfixes.

If you haven't started a migration from chan_sip to chan_pjsip yet, it is best advised to make a migration plan and do it now. If there is a case where something in chan_sip hasn't made it into chan_pjsip (or it did but hasn't been really touched/updated since) and you really need that functionality, now is the time to figure that out.

On 2022-07-15, 11:14 AM, "asterisk-users on behalf of Henning Follmann" <asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of hfollmann at itcfollmann.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 08:57:46AM -0300, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
    > On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 1:37 AM David Cunningham <dcunningham at voisonics.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > We have an Asterisk server with 3 IP addresses, and need to listen on only
    > > 2 of those. This is with chan_sip. Does anyone know if it's possible?
    > >
    > > If Asterisk listens on the third address then it seems to cause problems
    > > with the media address put in the SDP for our use case.
    > >

    > It's not. The chan_sip module allows you to bind to one thing, either a
    > specific address or an any address.

    Well...
    maybe chan_sip cannot, but your OS can restrict traffic on any port/iface.

    -H

    Henning Follmann           | hfollmann at itcfollmann.com

    To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: