[asterisk-users] Local channel sometimes have no audio

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Wed Feb 16 23:31:44 CST 2022

     We recently upgraded a very old server from Asterisk 1.8 to 18.9
and we are having a strange issue with calls in queues.  We use
Queuemetrics to manage our agents and extensions are configured as
Local/XXXX at from-queue/n to connect clients to agents.  This is because
if you dial PJSIP/XXXX directly it will only call the first registered
device for that extension and not all of them.  The problem we are
facing is that sometimes there is no audio on the call coming from the
queues.  Most of the time everything is fine and it is very random when
audio does not flow.  I have tried to debug SIP but I do not see
anything wrong and audio should be flowing, it can take a long time
between failures so it is very difficult to catch the correct call.

     I have another pbx using the same setup with Asterisk and
Queuemetrics, only difference is that it uses Asterisk 18.5 and we do
not have any problems with audio there.  As far as I know only calls
from the queues have this issue, direct calls to the extensions or
outgoing calls do not.  Could this be an issue with the Local channel?
I use the /n because that is the example published in the Queuemetrics
documentation.  I do not know if removing it will affect the call.  Any
recommendations to properly debug this issue?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)8116-9161