[asterisk-users] Originate with label?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Aug 29 08:53:11 CDT 2022

On Monday 29 August 2022 at 15:35:09, Joshua C. Colp wrote:

> MSet is not deprecated.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_MSet
includes the sentence "MSet behaves in a similar fashion to the way Set worked
in 1.2/1.4 and is thus prone to doing things that you may not expect." and
ends with "Avoid its use if possible."

So, that may not mean "officially deprecated", but it still strongly suggests to
me that it's undesirable for AEL to convert all assignments into MSet instead
of Set (allowing the user to explicitly write MSet if that's what's desired).

Antony.

--
Atheism is a non-prophet-making organisation.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.