[asterisk-users] I think there may be a bug in 18.14.0 ${GEOLOC_PROFILE(profile_precedence)}, seems to always return prefer_incoming

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Thu Aug 25 07:20:32 CDT 2022

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 7:51 AM George Joseph <gjoseph at sangoma.com> wrote:

> Yeah, that's weird.  I opened an issue for this...
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-30190
>
> OK, It's actually not weird :)
Let's say the configured profile is set to discard_config or
prefer_incoming and there actually is an incoming profile.  In this
situation, by the time you reach the dialplan, we've already discarded the
configured profile in favor of the incoming one so profile_precedence is
going to be what's on the incoming one which will always be
prefer_incoming.  Is that going to be an issue?

BTW, there still is a bug where effective_location will be blank in this
same situation and there are patches up on Gerrit that fix that and a few
other bugs.