[asterisk-users] Geo location 18.14.0-rc1 question

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Mon Aug 15 10:57:13 CDT 2022

The email was getting too long for the mailing list so I've truncated it.
Anyway...

Dan, Have you tried using the GEOLOC_PROFILE dialplan function to create a
profile on the fly?  I'm not sure how this would fit into your use of
Originate but...

Create a dummy geoloc profile.
[<passthrough>]
type=profile
profile_precedence=discard_config

In pjsip.conf, set
geoloc_outgoing_call_profile = <passthrough>
on the outgoing channel.

Either in the dialplan or via the Originate (I forget how) call
GEOLOC_PROFILE.  Here's what it'd look like in the dialplan...

[geoloc_callee]
exten = s,1,NoOp(); CID: ${CALLERID(all)}  CL: ${CONNECTEDLINE(all)})
same  = n,Set(GEOLOC_PROFILE(format)=civicAddress)
same  = n,Set(GEOLOC_PROFILE(location_info)=country=US,A1=Colorado)
same  = n,Set(GEOLOC_PROFILE(pidf_element)=device)
same  = n,Return()

[default]
exten  = 911,Dial(PJSIP/upstream-carrier,20,b(geoloc_callee^s^1))

Not sure if this helps.  I am working on the other suggestions though.