[asterisk-users] Large system seeing single CPU core spiking

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu Sep 16 10:38:00 CDT 2021

Anyone know what the pjsip/distributor tasks are doing?

Customer site had issue this morning and I was able to capture part of the taskprocessors.  This is the first time I have noticed any of our systems or load tests with pjsip/distributor Max Depth reaching double digits.
Right now, their system has more active channels and active calls in the system than when they experienced problems, but the pjsip/distributors all have a MaxDepth of 2 or 3.

Any recommendations or thoughts on what may cause pjsip/distributor tasks to see MaxDepth increase?
Could this cause jitter and PJSIP packet processing to be slow?  (Other end drops offline because OPTIONS reply not received or maybe not processed in time)

pjsip/distributor-00000ae9                                                   3010          0         13        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aea                                                   2978          0         30        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aeb                                                   3132          0         11        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aec                                                   2757          0          6        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aed                                                   3336          0         15        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aee                                                   2946          0         14        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aef                                                   2966          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af0                                                   2805          0         18        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af1                                                   3341          0         12        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af2                                                   3282          0          9        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af3                                                   3228          0         11        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af4                                                   2866          0          9        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af5                                                   2902          0         10        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af6                                                   3032          0         24        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af7                                                   2872          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af8                                                   2881          0          9        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000af9                                                   2933          0         12        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000afa                                                   3002          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000afb                                                   2873          0          6        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000afc                                                   3333          0          5        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000afd                                                   2947          0         10        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000afe                                                   3075          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000aff                                                   3204          0         37        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b00                                                   3230          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b01                                                   3041          0          6        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b02                                                   2943          0         10        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b03                                                   3056          0         14        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b04                                                   2756          0          8        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b05                                                   2848          0          9        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b06                                                   2965          0         10        450        500
pjsip/distributor-00000b07                                                   2902          0          8        450        500

Any thoughts?

Dan