[asterisk-users] problems with natted phones

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Sep 7 03:40:35 CDT 2021

On Monday 06 September 2021 at 23:05:27, Duncan Turnbull wrote:

> > On 7/09/2021, at 8:30 AM, Marek Greško <mgresko8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > it is only local nftables with nf_conntrack_sip on the asterisk
> > server. Probably a kernel bug? It did not trigger with previous
> > providers since they had working SIP ALG. Now I hear no audio in both
> > directions because outgoing rtp stream from asterisk goes to private
> > address space and incoming stream is blocked. So the outgoing rtp
> > could not be learnt to send to nat addess.
>
> Maybe a bug but that’s less likely than a config error. Time to debug your
> nftables.

Try temporarily simply turning the firewall off - allow all traffic through
(although leave in place any NAT rules).

If you then find that RTP works, you know where the problem lies.

Antony.

--
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but
rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.