[asterisk-users] problems with natted phones

Marek Greško mgresko8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 01:05:19 CDT 2021

Hello,

regarding the ipv6, you see nothing about that it should be some type
of ipv6 tunnelling, because also MTU is lower than expected. You
should not see any ipv6 related communication in the sniff. Phone is
not aware of it.

The asterisk's static public ip address is 198.51.100.1.
The remote provider's dynamic nat pool is 192.0.2.0/24. By provider we
mean internet provider the remote phones are behind. We are not
complaining about voip provider, we have no problem with that. Only
communication between asterisk and remote phones behind some internet
provider. This is the only conversation to look at.
The phone private address is 192.168.100.235.

Thanks

Marek