[asterisk-users] problems with natted phones

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sat Sep 4 17:40:56 CDT 2021

On Thursday 08 July 2021 at 20:57:30, Marek Greško wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an asterisk setup using pjsip. Everything used to work
> correctly until one remote site changed internet provider and thier
> router does not support sip protocol algorithms.

I'm slightly bothered by the word "algorithms" in that comment, but I do
wonder whether it simply means that this is a connectivity provider (possibly
a mobile phone network?) which actively blocks SIP.

Some of them (in my experience) do this by blocking UDP port 5060, but others
are more subtle about it, and (for example) block the authentication responses
to a Register request, thereby meaning that UDP port 5060 is in general
accessible, but any attempt to Register to it using SIP will fail.

Have you asked the new Internet connectivity provider whether they support or
block SIP across their network?

Antony

--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

 - Jan-Piet Mens

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.