[asterisk-users] Asterisk 16 Realtime outbound register

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Oct 12 09:49:59 CDT 2021

Hi.

I'm using Asterisk 16 with a MySQL realtime DB, containing both outbound
registrations to other PBXs (Asterisk as SIP client) and inbound accounts for
clients to register to (Asterisk as SIP server).

All in all, working well.

However, I just had a requirement to register outbound to a PBX on port 5070
instead of 5060, and placing "5070" in the "port" field of the realtime
database made no difference - Asterisk continued to try to register to port
5060.

If I add ":5070" to the end of the "host" field, Asterisk correctly registers
to port 5070 on the remote PBX.

So, what is the "port" field in the SIP peers DB table for, and how can I
correctly specify the hostname and the port number separately?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Python is executable pseudocode.