[asterisk-users] Dial() after the h extension has been invoked?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Nov 12 16:58:35 CST 2021

On Friday 12 November 2021 at 18:18:03, Eric Wieling wrote:

> On 11/12/21 12:39, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Friday 12 November 2021 at 17:36:07, Eric Wieling wrote:
> >> Create a spool file from the 'h' extension to generate the call.
> >
> > Yes, I thought of that, but it somehow feels a bit clunky, and was hoping
> > for a neater solution :)
>
> Dialing post call to update a database is clunky.  The solutions will be
> clunky too.
>
> I use a hangup handler with an AGI script.  The script makes a database
> connection to close out the call.  Much cleaner.

Would you care to give a little more in the way of detail?

I've never used AGI, so what would your suggested solution involve?

Antony.

--
She did not swoon, but she did get a look on her face that said 'This
conversation is over', which Jack took as a sign he was going in the right

 - Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.