[asterisk-users] Dial() after the h extension has been invoked?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Fri Nov 12 11:31:58 CST 2021

On Friday 12 November 2021 at 17:20:39, Frank Vanoni wrote:

> On Fri, 2021-11-12 at 16:56 +0000, Antony Stone wrote:
> > I use Dial() commands with custom SIP headers to pass information
> > (eg: about the current state of a call) between the front-end and back-end
> > machines, and this works very well.
> >
> >  I need to perform a Dial() command after an inbound channel has hung up.
> >  I do not expect the Dial() to bridge to anything (the context being
> >  dialled simply does some database manipulation and then hangs up without
> >  even bothering to answer).
> >

> > Any suggestions welcome :)
>
> Maybe you can use the "g" option in the first Dial(...) and proceed in
> the dial plan with the second Dial(...)

Hm, in fact I am already using the g option, because I want to detect channel
states such as Unavailable and Congestion (in which case I try an alternative
route to dial out with).

I suppose if I detect the DIALSTATUS is ANSWER then I know the call got
answered and has now ended.

Sounds good - thank you :)

Antony.

--
I wasn't sure about having a beard at first, but then it grew on me.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.