[asterisk-users] [FreePBX 15 and Asterisk 16] Changing/Migrating SIP Trunk Provider from DIDLogic to Hoiio in Singapore

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming.com
Thu Nov 11 08:43:07 CST 2021

Subject: [FreePBX 15 and Asterisk 16] Changing/Migrating SIP Trunk
Provider from DIDLogic to Hoiio in Singapore

Author: Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming (TARGETED INDIVIDUAL)
Country: Singapore
Date: 11 Nov 2021 Thursday Singapore Time

Type of Publication: Plain Text
Document Version: 20211111.01

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
======================

Reference Guide: Configuring Hoiio SIP provider to work with FreePBX
Link:
http://www.toughdev.com/content/2015/04/configuring-hoiio-sip-provider-to-work-with-freepbx/
Original Author: ToughDev (year 2015)

Login to FreePBX at 192.168.1.9

Click Connectivity > Trunks

Delete didlogic_(Teo_En_Ming_Corporation) SIP Trunk.

Click Apply Config.

Click Connectivity > Inbound Routes

Delete the only inbound route there.

Click Apply Config.

Click Connectivity > Outbound Routes

Delete the only outbound route there.

Click Apply Config.

Login to Hoiio SIP Trunk Provider Portal

Login to Hoiio portal at https://sg.hoiio.com/#/auth/login

My SIP Account Information
==========================

SIP Username: sip3959347

SIP Password: <removed>

Caller ID: +656602XXXX

Adding a SIP trunk
===================

Click Connectivity > Trunks

Click Add Trunk.

Click Add SIP (chan_sip) Trunk.

Trunk Name: Hoiio

Outbound CallerID: 656602XXXX

CID Options: Allow Any CID

Maximum Channels: 5

Asterisk Trunk Dial Options: T

Continue if Busy: No

Disable Trunk: No

Click sip Settings tab

Click Outgoing
==============

Trunk Name: Hoiio

PEER Details
=============

host=sip6.b3networks.com
username=sip3959347
secret=<SIP Password>
type=peer

Click Incoming
===============

USER Context: 656602XXXX

USER Details
=============

host=sip6.b3networks.com
type=peer
context=from-trunk
qualify=yes
insecure=invite

Register String: sip3959347:<SIP Password>@sip6.b3networks.com

Click Submit

Click Apply Config

Login to Asterisk Console
==========================

# asterisk -r

freepbx*CLI> sip show peers

Name/username             Host                                    Dyn
Forcerport Comedia    ACL Port     Status      Description
656602XXXX                175.41.130.108
Yes        Yes            5060     OK (81 ms)
Hoiio/sip3959347          175.41.130.108
Yes        Yes            5060     Unmonitored
2 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0
offline]

Adding Outbound Route
======================

Click Connectivity > Outbound Routes

Click Add Outbound Route

Route Name: all calls

Route CID:

Route Password:

Route Type: Uncheck Emergency, Uncheck Intra-Company

Music On Hold? default

Time Match Time Group: ---Permanent Route---

Trunk Sequence for Matched Routes: Hoiio

Click Additional Settings

Call Recording: Don't Care

PIN Set: None

Click Dial Patterns

Dial Patterns that will use this Route
=======================================

match pattern: 65XXXXXXXX

Click Submit

Click Apply Config

Adding Inbound Route
=====================

Click Connectivity > Inbound Routes

Click Add Inbound Route

Click Other tab

Call Recording: Don't Care

CID Lookup Source: None

Language: Default

Enable Superfecta Lookup: No

Superfecta Scheme: ALL

Click Fax tab

Detect Faxes: No

Click General tab

Set Destination: Extensions: 1600 Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Click Submit

Click Apply Config

Creating Phone Extension
========================

My phone extension 1600 was created a long time ago. There is no need to
create the extension again.

Testing with Free Softphone
===========================

I will use ZoiPer softphone for Windows. ZoiPer is also available on
Mac, Linux, Android and IOS.

Download link: https://www.zoiper.com/en/voip-softphone/download/current

Launch ZoiPer

Click Continue as a Free user

Username / Login: 1600 at 192.168.1.9

Password: <Extension Password>

Click Login

Hostname: 192.168.1.9

Click Next

Click Skip

Click Next

Click Configure

Click Finish

SUCCESS
========

SUCCESS!!! I am able to make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls
with ZoiPer softphone. I must remind myself to buy a mic for my laptop.

FURTHER READING MATERIALS
==========================

Blog post: Teo En Ming’s Guide to Configuring FreePBX 15 and Asterisk 16
VoIP PBX SIP Server in Singapore with DIDLogic SIP Trunk Provider

Redundant links:

(1)
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com/2020/12/teo-en-mings-guide-to-configuring.html

(2)
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/2020/12/08/teo-en-mings-guide-to-configuring-freepbx-15-and-asterisk-16-voip-pbx-sip-server-in-singapore-with-didlogic-sip-trunk-provider/

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, 43 years old as of 11 Nov 2021, is
a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL living in Singapore. He is an IT Consultant with a
Systems Integrator (SI)/computer firm in Singapore. He is an IT
enthusiast.

--
-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Targeted Individual Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's
Academic Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts
at the United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan
(5 Aug 2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----