[asterisk-users] automating "make menuselect" options when building

Kingsley Tart kingsley at dns99.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 06:12:55 CST 2021

On Mon, 2021-11-08 at 12:01 -0600, Carlos Chavez wrote:

>      Just use the something like the following in your script:
>
> make menuselect.makeopts
> menuselect/menuselect --enable codec_opus --enable codec_silk --enable
> codec_siren7--enable codec_siren14 menuselect.makeopts
>
> Docs are here:
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Using+Menuselect+to+Select+Asterisk+Options#UsingMenuselecttoSelectAsteriskOptions-ControllingMenuselect

Hi,

I think I'm misunderstanding how this works. I thought that when I used
menuselect/menuselect that it would write my change into the
menuselect.makeopts file, but that doesn't seem to be happening here:

root at gw9:/usr/src/asterisk-18.7.1# menuselect/menuselect --list-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS
+ chan_mobile
- chan_ooh323
- format_mp3
- res_config_mysql
- app_mysql
- cdr_mysql

root at gw9:/usr/src/asterisk-18.7.1# menuselect/menuselect --enable format_mp3 menuselect.makeopts

root at gw9:/usr/src/asterisk-18.7.1# menuselect/menuselect --list-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS
+ chan_mobile
- chan_ooh323
- format_mp3
- res_config_mysql
- app_mysql
- cdr_mysql

I expected to see a "+" next to format_mp3 on the second listing.

What I also don't understand is the difference between the listings
above and the one I get when I specify the makeopts file, which doesn't
have chan_mobile selected:

root at gw9:/usr/src/asterisk-18.7.1# menuselect/menuselect --list-category MENUSELECT_ADDONS menuselect.makeopts
- chan_mobile
- chan_ooh323
- format_mp3
- res_config_mysql