[asterisk-users] 18.7.1 - can't load res_fax, can't stop app_fax

Kingsley Tart - Barritel Ltd kingsley.tart at barritel.com
Wed Nov 3 07:58:44 CDT 2021

> Is the app_fax.so module still in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules? If so -
> if you remove it do things work.
> Is app_fax.so explicitly being loaded in modules.conf?

Thanks.

I was already waiting for it to finish recompiling after Doug's
suggestion but yes, app_fax.so was still in there and removing it then
let me remove the noload => res_fax.so line from modules.conf and
everything started fine.

At the end of the re-compile it was nice to see it point this out
actually:

--8<--
 WARNING WARNING WARNING

 Your Asterisk modules directory, located at
 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
 contains modules that were not installed by this
 version of Asterisk. Please ensure that these
 modules are compatible with this version before
 attempting to run Asterisk.

    app_fax.so

 WARNING WARNING WARNING
--8<--

No, modules.conf didn't mention app_fax.

Thanks. All sorted. Now to work on the next one ;)

--
Cheers,
Kingsley.