[asterisk-users] HELP! AGI AUTOHANGUP does not seem to hangup the channel.

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 27 01:14:58 CDT 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021, Jonathan H wrote:

> AGI Rx << SET AUTOHANGUP 5
> AGI Tx >> 200 result=0
> AGI Tx >> HANGUP   <<

This does raise a question in my mind...

The AGI protocol is: your AGI sends a request (the Rx line) and receives
a response (the Tx line). 1 line out, 1 line in.

If the 'HANGUP' text can arrive asynchronously, how are you supposed to
know it has arrived? Poll (or select) on the file pointer?

> I cannot use other methods like setting the absolute channel timeout
> variable

I don't understand why you can't use the absolute channel timeout.
Wherever you 'set autohangup x' just set 'TIMEOUT(absolute)=${EPOCH}+x.'

--
Thanks in advance,