[asterisk-users] Audio Sockets and media conversions

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu May 13 09:27:14 CDT 2021

Has anyone used Audio Sockets with Amazon Transcribe?

I'm still very new to the Audio Socket and have only just started looking at Amazon's Transcribe documentation so there may be something I am missing.
I'm looking for live transcription of the call as opposed to post call transcription.

Is there an easy way to convert the media from signed linear, 16-bit, 8kHz, mono PCM (little-endian) to one of the media formats Amazon Transcribe supports (mp3, mp4, wav, flac, ogg, amr, webm)?
Obviously, if I write the data to a file, I can use sox to convert and then stream the conversion, but that is not a very nice scheme for live transcription.

Any other suggestions for a better way to do this?

Dan