[asterisk-users] dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0 : issue on CentOS 7.9 but ot on CentOS 6.10

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Sun May 2 18:39:02 CDT 2021

Hello,

Which version of DAHDI to use depends on the Linux kernel version, as given
by "uname -r". Roughly, Linux kernel 3.x should use DAHDI 2.9, kernel >=
4.0 and < 4.15 should use DAHDI 2.11, and kernel >= 4.15 or greater should
use DAHDI 3.x.

I hope this helps.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 04:35, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>
wrote:

> Hello List
>

> to answer my own question, and for whom it may interest, I no longer have
> the error about libtonezone.so with Dahdi version :
> dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1
>
> I don't know what the difference is between Dahdi 2.x and Dahdi 3.x but I
> can say that THERE IS somewhere a difference, as I experienced on Centos
> 7.9.
>

> Kind regards.
>

> Op 12-02-21 om 19:11 schreef Jonas Kellens:
>
> Hello list
>

> when installing latest DAHDI (dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0) for usage
> with asterisk-certified-13.21-cert6 on CentOS 6.10 all works well when
> starting dahdi with "/sbin/service dahdi start".
>

> But when installing the same DAHDI version in CentOS 7.9 I get the error :*
> /usr/sbin/dahdi_cfg: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtonezone.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory*
> when issuing "systemctl start dahdi.service"
>

> Is there something missing on my CentOS 7.9 system to work with the latest
> DAHDI version ?
>
> Or is there a better DAHDI version to be used on CentOS 7.9 ?
>

> libtonezone is present on my CentOS 7.9 system :
>
> [root at server admin]# locate libtonezone
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.a
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.la
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.1
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.1.0
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.2
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.2.0
> /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.2.0.0
>

> Kind regards.
>

> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
> https://community.asterisk.org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited