[asterisk-users] ADSI - Unable to send CAS...

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Mar 18 12:07:54 CDT 2021

Hi.

I'm running Asterisk 13 and Asterisk 16 using SIP trunks only (to a commercial
trunking provider).  I have no analogue interfaces.

A user reported dialling in to voicemail (the standard Asterisk Comedian Mail
service) from a mobile phone and being unable to select the menu options.

The call path in that case would be:

Mobile phone -> mobile network provider -> SIP trunking provider -> Asterisk

She dialled in three times within a 10 minute period.  On the first two
occasions she was unable to select any menu options - she was pressing the
buttons on the mobile dialpad and getting the confirmation "beep" from the
phone, but Asterisk did not register any DTMF coming through and therefore did
not navigate the menu system.

On the third attempt to dial in, the call and the menus worked as expected.

When I reviewd the Asterisk logs for these calls afterwards, I saw on both the
first two calls, immediately after the dial plan went to VoiceMailMain(), the
message:

WARNING[19645][C-00000278]: res_adsi.c:250 in __adsi_transmit_messages: Unable
to send CAS

So, I have two questions:

1. Why is Asterisk even attempting to do ADSI on a SIP trunk (my understanding
of ADSI is that the A stands for Analogue, so it should not even apply to a
SIP call)?

2. What do I need to do to either disable ADSI, or avoid the above error
message?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Warum können Seeräuber nicht den Umfang eines Kreises berechnen?
Weil sie Piraten...

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.