[asterisk-users] SIP Source Port

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Mon Jul 12 16:29:36 CDT 2021

El Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:02:10 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it> escribió:

> On Saturday 10 July 2021 at 22:57:09, Eric Wieling wrote:
>
> > > On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 2:39 PM Alexander Perkins wrote:
> > >
> > >     Hi All.  We have a provider that requires us to SOURCE the SIP
> > >     connection on TCP 5061.  I honestly have no clue how to force
> > >     Asterisk to always SOURCE the SIP connection on a certain port.
> >
> > Have you considered using a not stupid provider?
>
> That would definitely be my preferred solution to this "problem".
>
> Antony.

I've seen this stupid thing before. It was a requirement of a solution from a
Israeli vendor named Cassiopea.

port 5060 was for customers and 5061 was for peers. But not only locally, it
had to be the same for the remote port lol!

Yes, sems or kamailio in the middle might be the way to go. In my base it was
two sip-isdn gateways b2b lol!! It was 11 years ago.

cheers

--
PekePBX, the multitenant PBX solution
https://pekepbx.com