[asterisk-users] Patch to remove numbers from the logs

George Joseph gjoseph at sangoma.com
Fri Jul 9 09:48:21 CDT 2021

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 3:58 PM Dovid Bender <dovid at telecurve.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a project where people will be making payments over the phone. I
> would like block Asterisk from logging any time the system is processing a
> card. So be it SayDigits(123456789), when the user enters DTMF or when I
> pass a card number as a variable to an AGI etc. I assume this affects
> others and I would like to have the patch created in a way that a. will be
> accepted by Sangoma and b. will work for anyone else that has this issue.

Are you talking strictly about normal messages generated by the dialplan or
all messages, even warnings, errors, etc generated internally?

> My idea was to have a channel variable
> for exampleSet(CHANNEL(LOG_DIGITS)=OFF) and then have ast_logger check to
> see if the variable is set.

Would you need to do this on a channel-by-channel basis or could you set a
global variable?

> The problem I faced that wherever the logger is called a string is passed.
> So any digits (e.g. channel ID, thread ID etc.) would have the digits
> removed which I assume would hurt people. My solution was to have a
> configuration file where you would put in regex strings that we would
> replace. For instance if I set LOG_DIGITS=OFF and in the Dialplan I had
> CARD=4111111111111111
> EXP_MOTH=12
> EXP_YEAR=2025

Are those variables set on the channel?

> In the configuration file I would have
> CARD=([0-9]{15,16})
> EXP_MONTH=([1-2]?[0-9])
> EXP_YEAR=(202[5-9])

I'd skip the config file and  make teh regexes global dialplan variables.