[asterisk-users] Combine audio and video from two different sources

Ryan Press ryan+list at presslab.us
Tue Jul 6 14:40:50 CDT 2021

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 2:14 AM Jean Aunis <jean.aunis at prescom.fr> wrote:

> Le 30/06/2021 à 16:10, Ryan Press a écrit :
>
> [...]
> [from-internal-custom] ; Doorbell video bridge
> exten => doorbell_rtsp,1,Answer() same => n,RTSP-SIP(rtsp://
> admin:12345 at 192.168.24.53:554/live/sub,0,asterisk,5060)
> ; Doorbell combined video/audio incoming
> exten => 762,1,Answer() same =>
> n,Page(PJSIP/805&Local/doorbell_rtsp at from-internal-custom,qd)
>
> The problem comes when I try to get the door intercom to call an
> extension.  Because the calling device (door intercom) does not include
> video, the video capability is not added to the ConfBridge and therefore
> when I bridge in the RTSP-SIP channel it does not connect.  When I tried to
> use Originate it had the same problem, no video codec was offered.
>
> Is there some way I can create a ConfBridge and force a video codec?  Or
> use Originate with a video codec?
>
> I see that Asterisk has included Streams for a while now.  Maybe this is
> the best way forward but I'm not sure this is something I can easily
> configure without writing a bunch of new code.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
>
> Hello,
>
> Did you try to use ARI's "originate" function with the "format" parameter
> containing a video codec ?

Thanks very much for the help!  The originate from the ARI is working much
better, I can now add RTSP-SIP channel with video to the bridge.

I have made a Python script here:
https://pastebin.com/iyWPdNJp

There is one last problem though, it seems that the video does not connect
right away, it is only a black screen.  If I press "hold" on then off with
videophone or if I stop/start video (also from videophone) then the video
starts working.  I think the key here is a re-INVITE.  I looked at the SIP
packets and the initial INVITE looks okay, so I am thinking something is
not quite right with Asterisk and it needs a little kick?

Here are the packets showing first and second INVITE:
https://pastebin.com/xKwNb1nt

I have found this here, maybe related?
https://community.asterisk.org/t/ari-add-channels-to-a-bridge-with-video-source/88959

Is there some way to execute re-INVITE from ARI?

Thanks,
Ryan