[asterisk-users] STIR/SHAKEN

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at stratustalk.com
Mon Jan 25 12:48:22 CST 2021

On 1/25/21 12:12 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2021, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>
>> So how does this guy get around it?  It sounds to me like he is
>> offering to sign calls for whoever, which IMO totally defeats the
>> purpose.
>
> IIRC, back when he first started hawking his solution, he accepted
> everything. Numbers from Vitelity, my old out of service copper
> number, 555-555-5555.
>
> I'm all for the discussion, but can you start a new thread so we don't
> keep associating the innocent party (the OP) with this spammer.

Excellent point, started new thread.

In my digging today it seems I need to become a SHAKEN service provider,
and there is a rather lengthy and difficult process to go through to
become one (this slide from a Bandwidth.com seminar):

Has anyone gone through this recently?  Does it really still take 7 to 9
months?  That seems crazy.

Cheers,

--
Jeff LaCoursiere