[asterisk-users] ast_app_exec_macro: Cannot run 'Macro(atb)'. The application is not available.

thelma at sys-concept.com thelma at sys-concept.com
Mon Jan 4 11:23:06 CST 2021

On 1/4/21 10:09 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Macros are no longer built by default in Asterisk 16.  This was documented in the UPGRADE.txt file
>
> app_macro:
>  - The app_macro module is now deprecated and by default it is no longer
>    built.  Users should migrate to app_stack (Gosub).  A warning is logged
>    the first time any Macro is used.
>
> Doug

Thanks, I was able to figure it out, replace the subroutine witht Gosub

How do you enable the phone speaker on the Gosub?

I had:
Dial(SIP/718xxxxxxxxx at pstn-5665,20,m(default)M(atb))

replace it with:
Dial(SIP/718xxxxxxxxxx at pstn-5665,20,U(atb-sub))

My macro used to execute sequence of numbers after it connects, when I replace the macro with Gosub I don't hear phone dialing the numbers on the phone that macro used to execute (just silence).
Is there a way to play these numbers on the phone (so I know it is working)?