[asterisk-users] Change by Deutsche Telekom end of februar. Can someone help me?

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Mon Feb 15 14:48:54 CST 2021

Am 15.02.2021 um 21:40 schrieb Michael Maier:

Hi Michael,

> They're switching to DNS NAPTR / SRV[1]. If you are using Asterisk /
> pjsip and hostnames (tel.t-online.de e.g. for the AllIP service), you

Mmm... I'm using tel.t-online.de, but I'm not sure I'm using pjsip...

module show say me:

res_pjsip.so                   Basic SIP resource
46         Running              core

Do I use pjsip?

> won't have any problem (using asterisk 14 or higher), because it's
> default. But you may have problems with the handling of the calls,
> because Telekom needs the client always to use the same server for all
> activities after the register has been done (the SRV entries contain 3
> servers and asterisk will use them "randomly" if it detects a problem -
> regardless which server of the list has been used for registration -
> this won't work with Telekom and will lead to not working outbound calls
> / interrupted calls e.g.). This won't happen very often (because they
> have been extremely stable in the past), but I could see it nevertheless
> already. If you want to be really sure to not face this problem, you
> have to create a workaround by adding a rpz zone e.g. with an own bind,
> which is fed by an own job and presents asterisk just one server when
> looking up the SRV entries after the NAPTR call. NAPTR / SRV works like
> this (example for tel.t-online.de):

You mean, I have to create a "fake" Zone tel.t-online.de in my Bind with
these settings? Looks like dangerous, if they changes something...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)